Anyone dive without a snorkel on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My snorkel was used during my OW course, only because my instructor made it mandatory, after that it went the way of the dodo bird.

Yep.

the K

GlazierB:
My snorkel was used during my OW course, only because my instructor made it mandatory, after that it went the way of the dodo bird.

The instructor didn't make it mandatory. Your instructor merely passed on the message. The agency made it mandatory. It's mandatory for instructors too.

DawgDiver:
My snorkel bugs the crap out of me when I'm diving. Darn thing just always seems to be getting in my way. Does anybody here just leave it on the boat?

I would not wear a snorkel if someone gave me one made of solid gold. Snorkels are good for two things.

1. snorkeling
2. cant think of a second

I never wear mine however I do keep it strapped to my leg just in case.

I've got the nifty roll-up kind in my bc pocket. Haven't actually used it though.

I personally prefer the option of having a snorkel when diving abroad, but I never use it in California. Snorkels make it so much easier to get stuck in the kelp.

Tamas:
....not since OW :D

Lol...same here. It either got in my way, or I'd see it flopping around out of the corner of my eye, and keep looking for something that wasn't there.

Mine lives in the bottom of my dive bag. A snorkle can be usefull every now and then,
but they can be a pain 100% of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom