Anyone dive the last day or so? Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going way back, when I was playing golf around Monterey as a teenager, green fees at Pebble were $18, and all we could say was, WOW, that's a dollar a hole! Spyglass was cheaper, but not by much. Our regular course's fees were about $10.

I'm glad that I don't play golf anymore.

watching on tv yesterday, they mentioned the green fees were $495 a round! Holy cr@p! The last group tees off after 4 today so the competition should run through 8pm or so. Assuming the crowds stick for the final grouping in contention, the roads shouldn't be bad until the sun sets. I've been to the AT@T tourney at Pebble before and they force most people to park at the Monterey CSU and shuttle in. We went in early though, bout 8:00am and the traffic never seemed bad. But since this is the US Open, and judging from the pics on tv, the crowds are much larger.

Hitting Lobos tomorrow so hoping a very early start will help ease the pain a bit.

One of my friends said that, in addition to green fees of $500 a round, you're required to stay at the lodge for $400/night as well.

5-7 feet at metridium fields/breakwater today. got nicer once the sun popped out from behind the clouds.

First Tee time today (Sat.) is 9:00 am, last tee time is 3:50 pm,
so my usual schedule should miss most of the rush.

Chuck

As usual looking forward to reading your weekend dive report on ba_diving

Gerstle Cove was clear, calm and cold today. (Though the wind was howling and the waves were whitecapping elsewhere on the north coast today.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom