Anyone dive the Ibis in Ft. Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus:
My wife and I are considering a Rainbow Reef week in Key Largo in November, but that's honestly a backup plan in case our Roatan trip falls through. Would be the 13th - 20th (week before Thanksgiving).

Where are you going on Roatan?

I'm going to Roatan in less than four weeks.

This thread was started a year ago, and is no longer relevant.

Mempilot, see what you started! ::nags:: :p

Wijbrandus:
I'm going to Roatan in less than four weeks.

This thread was started a year ago, and is no longer relevant.

Mempilot, see what you started! ::nags:: :p

Yes, but Where are you going. I go back to CocoView as often as I can - I love the southern sites on Roatan!

Ah, gotcha. I misread your post. We will be staying at CoCo View, based on numerous high recommendations.

Theres a thread over on the Accidents forum where someone reports that they were abandoned at sea. You might want to check it out, it involved the Ibis. The link posted above didn't seem to work.

Abandoned at Sea - Sun June 26, 2005 - The Ibis, Dania Beach, Hollywood Fl.

Posted in "Near Misses and Lessons Learned" forum

Sorry about the link, dunno what happened.

Based on the report from those that were left out and the resulting reports, I would not dive the Ibis. I recently dived with the American Dream II and was very impressed with their operation. It's a large boat, which I normally do not like, but they have a great crew and they take roll calls. http://www.scubafortlauderdale.com/

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom