Anyone dive the Ibis in Ft. Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I'm going to book with the Ibis in Ft. Lauderdale on 26 Aug 04 (a Thursday). Just my wife and I, but the boat holds 20. Any SB members that want to come along and meet up, I'd love to put some faces to the names I'm learning here.

Has anyone been on this boat before? Or know much about them? Seems like a nice outfit from the website, but what does that really tell you...

I don't know much about Lauderdale's diving, but I hear all the boats are pretty accomodating. This is a squeeze-in dive before our cruise ship leaves that afternoon. I hope it all works out.

Some days I really envy those of you who live where you can call in sick to work and go diving. If I did, I'd be heading to the harbor right now.

Wijbrandus:
Has anyone been on this boat before? Or know much about them? Seems like a nice outfit from the website, but what does that really tell you...

Ibis is a top notch ops and Mike is a swell captain. DMs
on board are also very helpfull. You have selected a good
operator. Don't worry, by the time August comes around,
there will be plenty of other divers booked up.

Wally

Welcome Wally, do we take it you are in Miami?

Wijbrandus (Robert), are you down in extremely sunny FL for a while after the cruise? There may be others doing trips or wishing to jump on that boat nearer the time - might even consider it myself if i have time and cash free!

At this point in time, no. It's a one day event. We are flying in a day early for a cruise so we can make this dive.

My wife and I are considering a Rainbow Reef week in Key Largo in November, but that's honestly a backup plan in case our Roatan trip falls through. Would be the 13th - 20th (week before Thanksgiving).

Would be nice if some SB people wanted to tag along though. If for no other reason than to just have some people I half-way know to talk with.

<<<<<Wally, do we take it you are in Miami?>>>>>

We are in Miami alright. No better place to be if you like
diving all around south Florida. We do a lot of diving in
sites from WPB to the Florida Keys...mostly deep wrecks.
Our web site with address below has some accounts of
our mischieves and delinquencies around Florida and
the Caribbean.

Give us a call or send us an e-mail if you are planning to
stroll our way...specially now that Ocean Fest is around the
corner. We are tending a booth, so no diving this weekend.
Besides, the weather is going to be real bad with blowing
wind all week to make waters real murky. Week after that,
we do the Jupiter Star, a big freighter sunk in 165 fsw.

C'mon Wally, you've got to tell us which booth, so that we can drop by and say "Hello"!

(Or did I miss that already?)

I will be running from the NAUI booth to the Ocean Safari booth
or any other that gives away cold beers.

Last year our booth was right next to a cage full of monkeys,
but the complaints about the unbearable stench were so loud
that they finally moved the monkeys away. The monkeys didn't
complain any more after that......

Wijbrandus:

I have been on several charters aboard the Ibis in the last several months. Neil will be the captain. Mike doesn't captain much anymore. Neil is young, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. Aria will probably be the DM.

The boat is nice, but there isn't much in the form of a shop. It's just a small walkup window dockside. No big deal though.

I have enjoyed my dives from the Ibis.

mempilot:
I have been on several charters aboard the Ibis in the last several months. Neil will be the captain. Mike doesn't captain much anymore. Neil is young, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. Aria will probably be the DM.

The boat is nice, but there isn't much in the form of a shop. It's just a small walkup window dockside. No big deal though.

I have enjoyed my dives from the Ibis.

Umm, thanks Mempilot. A little late though... (thread date 2004?).

Glad to see even the vets make these mistakes. :)

oops. :D

The 05-05 thing threw me. I had just climbed out of bed after diving the Ibis last night. My bad! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom