Anyone dive Looe Key or the Vandenberg today (May 18)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what? According to you, if a diver is properly trained the visibility shouldn't matter.

Nobody said that. Nor inferred it.

Heard from a shop that viz was up to 15' yesterday. Said it had been crappy all year. Oh well, maybe head back up to Key Largo for a day on the way out.

I dove the Bibb today and vox was about 30 feet and light current. There was a thermocline at about 80 feet and bottom temp was 70. We were supposed to do a double on the Spiegel but the balls were underwater due to current. Hope this helps you.

I dove the Bibb today and vox was about 30 feet and light current. There was a thermocline at about 80 feet and bottom temp was 70. We were supposed to do a double on the Spiegel but the balls were underwater due to current. Hope this helps you.
We found that the reef at Key Largo was way better than here Friday, but it's a 2 hr drive so not something to do every day. Also we got turned down for the Duane with Rainbow Reef because the other guy is only OW certified, despite having hundreds of dives including many Philippine wrecks. We didn't have time to call around and were fine with the reef anyway, but he got similar response from a shop going to the Vandenberg, despite having dived there with local shops a couple of times last year. Maybe things have changed.

How were surface conditions? It was dark and rainy here until late afternoon and the forecast looked to be the same from here to Ft. Lauderdale, for the next couple of days. Probably it for me for diving here this trip, maybe next month will be better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom