Anyone dive in the Gulf off their boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikiedfd17

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone suggested I put out an all-call for someone to dive with in March. I'm coming down with a friend and we're looking to do some boat diving - anyone run a boat or would be willing to show us around?

We're also looking to get up to Crystal River and Blue Grotto/Devil's Den. . .We'll be there March 5 - 12 fro spring break - hope to dive non-stop!

Any input or suggestion is welcome
Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,
Now I see you will be near spring country,Well start out at Wilston home of Devils Den, the site is fun about 50' max its kind of a sink hole and if you get to it EARLY vis will be great after classes start yuck! TONS OF LARGE CAT FISH and tables to gear up top side then walk down steps to spring, you can swim thru some small holes and just do skills, take a break and do a nother dive fills on site.
Blue Grotto is fun to,just you cant dive the hole 95'But they have this cool glass air filled chamber you can take your reg out and talk to your pal! unless your cave/cavern cert but if your early it can be great vis gin clear! EARLY!!!!!!
Crystal river see my pals at Birds Underwater,they can take you out to a cave in the river that is cool! or the sea cow thing ,I did some dives with them and had a blast if you have a AOW cert you can do your own thing= nice group of folks! Ruddy I see still works for them and is a great Inst,
Hey hit me up at Haigh and I can give you some ideas on things to do, ask me to bring a copy of Florida scuba news for you,heck sign up and get a copy as it should come prior to your trip,
www.scubanews.com
I am down to Florida looks like the end of March to dive with my pals on The SE Atlantic side! cant wait!
Brad

they can take you out to a cave in the river that is cool

Just don't go into the hole if you are not certified. This one is a little dangerous from what I hear.

-V

mikiedfd17:
I'm coming down with a friend and we're looking to do some boat diving - anyone run a boat or would be willing to show us around?

It's a long way from the Alabama border to Cape Sable. Where will you be?

And when, exactly? Have the boat, but don't always have the time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom