Anyone dive Blue Hole in Georgetown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Long time passsed since last thread but just saw this and I'm planning on going down there this Saturday. I dived it several times during the spring of 2012. Viz ranged from 10 ft to 20 ft easily. Max depth is 14 ft. You can swim up stream as far as you want. No current. Plenty of fish and plant life, especially on the wall where folks jump. It was just as enjoyable, maybe even more than the Comal and a lot closer for me. Beginning of summer though, the algae forms on the surface and not very inviting.

I never thought of going down there duing the winter months. I'm only 30 minutes away from Georgetown so I'd like to dive it. My daughter is doing her check out dives this Saturday AM, but we should be back by early afternoon. What time are you planning on diving?

I never thought of going down there duing the winter months. I'm only 30 minutes away from Georgetown so I'd like to dive it. My daughter is doing her check out dives this Saturday AM, but we should be back by early afternoon. What time are you planning on diving?

PM sent

A few of us stopped by on Sunday to check it out. Not a bad little dive site. The water was a bit chilly at 63 degrees, but plenty to see - turtles, catfish, bass. Viz was only 5-10' because of the overcast skies. If I was planning on being nearby, I'd love to swing by on a sunny day and check it out again. There's a nice looking Mexcian restaurant a stone's throw away too. Might have to include that in the return visit.

b002.jpg

Oldschool went diving there this past weekend and found a chainsaw. Last time he found a wallet. Could be the new treasure diving site. :)

The restaurant sucks and its over priced. I will be home for the 4th and am planning a little treasure hunt there. Some of y'all should come on out. Grill up some meat, drink some scheiner and let the wives tell stories.

I'm in Colorado now, so the 4th is the only time I can get down there.

Spear Something And Eat It... WAY OF LIFE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom