Anyone Compared a Shockwave LED with a UK Light Cannon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats exactly what I did, and the Light Cannon was way brighter side by side. Only set backs for me was the replacement bulb which runs about a hundred bucks, and its insatiable appitite for batteries. I would recommend getting the rechargable battery for around 60 dollars.

The rechargable batteries are dimmer.

Terry

Terry

I heard that too, but PERSONALY I didn't notice that much of a difference.

Terry

Only if you waste your money on UK's NiCad battery pack, instead of some decent 6000 mah NiMH C-cells. I get long battery life (a solid 4 hours), they're rechargeable, and every bit as bright as expensive, disposable, hazardous waste alkalines.

Only if you waste your money on UK's NiCad battery pack, instead of some decent 6000 mah NiMH C-cells. I get long battery life (a solid 4 hours), they're rechargeable, and every bit as bright as expensive, disposable, hazardous waste alkalines.

I'm not selling anything.

Buy whatever makes you happy.

Terry

If you wanna know what comes out REALY in front of this lights you should read the following reviews of the flashaholics:

Light Cannon: Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications
Shockwave LED: Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications

In fakt the 10W HID gives 6700 lux brightness, 1300 lux less compared to my personal 3W BACKUPLIGHT. The Shockwave gives only 2300 lux and is much more dimmer.

If u ask me - I would not buy one of that lights, either. ;-)

greets,
MikeRD03

I was the OP on this thread. Thanks Mike for those links.
I've recently found myself in the unexpected position financially (traded some stuff) to
get a 21 watt can light so I went that way. I appreciate the info. in the link though as I'll probably still want a travel light.

hi jim,

A 21W HID and these lights are just like darkness and day :)

If u want a unusal tip for your backup/travel light google for TillyTec and it´s W30 Backup. I tested that one on my own and a measued over 8.000 lux brightness in it´s actual version. It CAN substitute a 20W Halogon light with only 3W LED power acording to my expirences.

greets,
MikeRD03

I have the Miniwav LED it is still 9w output but using only 4c cells instead of 8. As you can imagine it makes for a lot less weight to carry. Considering the price of the LC you could have 2 Miniwave LED lights strap them together and have a lot of light with good battery life and incredable bulb life. Consider what the LC replacement bulbs go for and it becomes a worthwhile configuration.

Back
Top Bottom