Anyone come across this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would a removed mask or seal failure at depth cause ear injury in these things? Or does it just assist equalization?

Would a removed mask or seal failure at depth cause ear injury in these things? Or does it just assist equalization?
No, removing the mask doesn't cause a problem.

I've been using this mask for about six years now, certainly helped prevent the frequent ear infections that ruined several dive trips for me in the past.

Equalising is easy and the pressure in the mask is the same as in the ear covers, which do leak slightly depending on your hair around the ears.

I might have to consider the docs plugs. My face seems hard to fit so I doubt the mask would fit.

The plugs might make it so I don't have to use the ear drops every time to prevent swimmers ear.

I've been using this mask for about six years now, certainly helped prevent the frequent ear infections that ruined several dive trips for me in the past.

Equalising is easy and the pressure in the mask is the same as in the ear covers, which do leak slightly depending on your hair around the ears.
Do you find that equalizing with this mask is any easier or harder vs a standard mask? I guess if you haven't used a standard mask in 6 years it might be hard to say, but that is the part I'm trying to make heads or tails of.

how does that work if you have hair?

Do you find that equalizing with this mask is any easier or harder vs a standard mask? I guess if you haven't used a standard mask in 6 years it might be hard to say, but that is the part I'm trying to make heads or tails of.

I think it's easier.

My back up mask on tech dives is a normal low profile mask and I've done changes with both at depth and no issues, albeit I'm not really equalising on a descent.

how does that work if you have hair?

I get a little bit of water in my ears sometimes, however the hair around my ears is short, but not Kim Jong Un short.

I think they may want to rename their new model :)
The ProEar Corona is our latest addition and is a perfect optical mask that allows for immediate installation of prescription lenses.

Back
Top Bottom