Anyone care to show/give me some tips on edits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdbean:
G'Day JL,

Here's a good article to get you started.

http://www.gadling.com/2005/02/11/how-to-editing-underwater-photos/

Hope it helps.

Cheers and Safe Diving,

Rich

This was a great article. Unfortunately, I spent enough money on my camera system that I am not looking to spend another grand on Photoshop CS3. Does anybody know of an article similar to this for Paint Shop Pro :rofl3: ? I am obviously behind the times :dork2: on software and again, the expense keeps me behind the times for now.

Any feedback would be great.

In PS CS you can use a red filter to add some color balance back into the photos but I think more importantly you should be concerned that none of the photos are in good focus. If the color is totally fried in a pic, you can always desaturate and go for a B&W shot, but the pics still need to be sharply focused.

Can you guys help another uwater photographer noob? I don't understand - if you search for Photoshop (no, I don't have it yet) I see places that will sell you downloads for 50 or 60 dollars, send you a dvd for 70 or 80 dollars, but they ALL show a retail of $700 or more... what am I missing here?
Up to this point I've not used any imaging software after I take pics but this looks like a whole world I can get into! Just not sure what to do, or buy.

Really? So to get a true copy I'm looking at $700+ ? Wow, how can they sell them blatantly like that? Has everyone here paid that much? Very big investment!

And they're probably not registerable either.

If you have an educational affiliation - in school, kids in school, sister's a teacher etc. you can buy most Adobe products at Academic pricing which runs about 50-80% off of retail depending on the product. Theoretically you're not supposed to use the s/w for commercial purposes.

btw, $70 is a ripoff. You can get DVD's full of software for $10-20 disk. It's mostly legal for them to sell them to you - for "backup" purposes - but good luck trying to register any of it - at least legally...

You might also start with Photoshop Elements 5.0, it's under $100 and does a lot of what Photoshop does. You may find that it's all you need. Sams Club or OfficeMax have it for under $80.
Has everyone here paid that much?
Once you buy an Adobe product, new version upgrades are typically 1/2 or less of retail. I started out with Photoshop 3 some years ago and haven't paid retail since.
Photoshop CS3 is $699/$999 for the Extended version.

Some of the low price PS's are upgrades for exsisting Photoshop programs. There are a lot of sites you can download the entire program ( peer to peer) but you need a key generator to give you a legit key. Check out some local photographers and computer it workers and they may be able to help you out

pm me with the pics and I will edit these for you and tell you what I did. For some reason I can't copy these from your post. They look like solid pics that need some color correcting ect. I can help if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom