Anyone been to Ramon's Village Resort - Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E="psusnyder, post: 7861671, member: 42616"]We just got back from Ambergris and stayed at Victoria House from December 17-24. We ate dinner at Ramon's one night and walked around the property - it looked nice. The weird thing was that they didn't serve liquor, only beer and wine. My wife wouldn't have been happy staying there, as she loves all the tropical rum .[/QUOTE]

Ramon's owner is verrrry religious. Ramon's guests are lucky to get any alcohol at all.

Packing up to leave Ramon's tomorrow after a 10 day stay. In a nutshell, we really like this place. The resort is very nice with an excellent staff. The website photos do not do this place justice.

We stayed at Turneffe Island Resort two years ago so we know where the really good diving is. We did a day trip for 3 dives to North Turneffe on this trip and the dives on the Turneffe walls were excellent.

The local diving on the reef just off shore of Ramon's were much better than I expected. (Low expectation = better experience.) I did 18 dives, including the 3 @ Turneffe. Our DM Berlioz (Belly) was very good, as was the boat capt. Edgar. Kudos to both. 5 minute rides to the divesites with SI back at the resort.

We usually had dinners in town, not at the resort. There are many very good restaurants in town that are a 5-10 min. walk from Ramon's.

We will definitely return to Ramon's, probably connected to a second week back at Turneffe Island Resort.

Photos, especially top-side photos, are always appreciated.

Glad you had a great trip.

Scubagolf, did you check out Victoria House or even Xanadu for a next trip?

Chilly, we looked briefly at Victoria House, but not Xanadu at all. We were so pleased with the whole situation at Ramon's that we were not looking around for another place for the future. The lack of hard alcohol was not an issue for us. I generally have wine or beer, and we bought some rum at the store across the street. Some people had bottles of vodka or rum on their tables in the restaurant or the bar area and mixed their own. Nobody cared. We usually ate dinner out so cocktails at dinner was not a problem. :wink: I had heard that the best food in the Caribbean can be found on Ambergris, and I now believe it.

Back
Top Bottom