Anyone been to Ramon's Village Resort - Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I often wonder upon what a poster bases their accommodations decisions. For example, let's use this thread. A poster asks for opinions on XYZ resort (Ramon's).And recieves replies from those definitely in the know, yet the poster (posters) still choose XYZ resort (Ramon's ) despite those expert opinions. This has always confused me. Not just here on Scubaboard. I've observed this phenomenon for two decades over a wide variety of internet venues.

Well, it's not like anyone said they hated the place. I kept waiting for your description of "cool in a Gilligan's Island kind of way," lol.

Looks like this thread has run it's course, so maybe it's a good time to post the following:

My much beloved 2007 Jeep Wrangler Belizemobile was stolen last week. If anybody sees it, let me know. But I imagine it's been chopped into pieces by now.

IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg

Ah geez :mad:

I suppose once you've replaced it, you'll have to take to disabling the battery or some darn thing, everytime it's not actually in your own use.

Questions on dive op service at Ramon's.

Do we haul our gear to the boat and set up for the first tank every morning?No they will take care of the gear

Will the crew change the gear over during the surface interval?you will go back to the resort after every dive for your surface interval

Do we haul our gear off the boat, rinse, and store for the night? If so, are secure lockers assigned?gear will be left on your assigned boat and locked up in the boat over night

Will we be assigned to a boat and a DM for the duration of our stay?yes you will be assigned a DM/DM's and a boat

Finally, is there an effort to segregate divers to boats by experience level?
Our group stayed with our boat but it looked like on the other boat it was split up by experience with the different groups

We just got back from Ambergris and stayed at Victoria House from December 17-24. We ate dinner at Ramon's one night and walked around the property - it looked nice. The weird thing was that they didn't serve liquor, only beer and wine. My wife wouldn't have been happy staying there, as she loves all the tropical rum drinks.

We dove locally with Belize Pro Dive Center and did a 3-tank trip out to the Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye with Amigos Del Mar. The offshore reef was definitely better than at Ambergris.

Back
Top Bottom