Anyone been to Little Cayman recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank for the report Bruce, I'm going the end at April, nice to know the reefs are in good condition. Where did you stay?
Thanks again, Bo

Thank for the report Bruce, I'm going the end at April, nice to know the reefs are in good condition. Where did you stay?
Thanks again, Bo

I have a house on Little Cayman, so stayed in it. And now I have my own compressor, so don't have to beg any of the resorts for air fills. I do all my diving from shore, which means I can stay down as long as I want and not have to answer to anybody for it! We got one dive in at Cumber's Caves which lasted 90 minutes, and almost all of the dives were over 70 minutes. Boat operators would have a fit if I tried to do that kind of diving with them.

I have a house on Little Cayman, so stayed in it. And now I have my own compressor, so don't have to beg any of the resorts for air fills. I do all my diving from shore, which means I can stay down as long as I want and not have to answer to anybody for it! We got one dive in at Cumber's Caves which lasted 90 minutes, and almost all of the dives were over 70 minutes. Boat operators would have a fit if I tried to do that kind of diving with them.

Color me .....GREEN!

We just returned from a trip to LCBR. We had an excellent time. Considering the place was smacked last year by two hurricanes everything seemed to be in great condition. I would recommend Little Cayman Beach Resort to anyone. Excellent accommodations, excellent food, excellent bar and most importantly excellent diving. First class all around.

Glad to hear you had a good time sport10010, did ya take any pictures? What was the baggage allowance on the flight from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman? Did the dive op go to Cayman Brac for a dive? Thanks, Zoso.

We just returned from a trip to LCBR. We had an excellent time. Considering the place was smacked last year by two hurricanes everything seemed to be in great condition. I would recommend Little Cayman Beach Resort to anyone. Excellent accommodations, excellent food, excellent bar and most importantly excellent diving. First class all around.

We were there last June before they were hit. Glad to know things are good down there. When I talked to some of the LCBR/Reef Diver people at DEMA they told me that the new paint jobs they gave the buildings when we were down there had been sandblasted off from the storms. They also showed me the renovations they were doing to the rooms.

Zoso,
The baggage allowance on the twin Otters is 55 lbs plus 1-15 lb carryon. Weight in excess of those is charged at .50US per lb. each way.

I have never been caught by their diabolical scheme to steal money from unsuspecting divers who carry "dive equipment" . . . for crying out loud.

My two bags usually weigh about 80 pounds total so I'm prepared to get hit with extra charges. If they'll get my bags to the sister islands on time, I'll pay their silly fee.

Think about how much a dive vacation cost and the baggage charge is definitely not something to get your blood pressure up over. It's like 3 margaritas each way!!

:cool2:

S4S

Judicious packing and you can carry all your dive gear and NOT be overweight.

Heck. All you need in addition to dive gear are some underwear and extra T shirts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom