Anyone been to Bainbridge Scuba Center lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to see if there are any divers here on SB that have been to BSC in the past and what your experience was like.

I am not an employee of the quarry but I do dive there quite a bit. I am trying to see if you had a positive or negative experience while there. Please explain.

Thanks!

QD23

I had a membership the past few years, and plan on getting one again this season (although I think they raised the prices a bit much this time)

I like it, the visibility makes it a challenge some days, but there is a lot to see (well almost see) and every dive is different. The fact that it's open year round is a plus as well. (although I usually don't take advantage of that, well now that I have a dry suit, maybe I can)

I like that you can do any level of diving there, and still see a lot. We've done deep extended range dives out to the barn, the deepest boat, the tanker and all that, we've also done some shallow dives out through the "lagoon" and back. (not to mention a few night dives in that area)

Complaints? (well besides the price for a membership) is that they need to open up the back side of the quarry, it's a tad out of range unless you have a DPV, they need docks (like Dutch Springs has) for the entry/exit points. And modern restroom facilities closer to the dive site itself. One porta-potty isn't enough.

The best part is that it's close to home, and they have the Wednesday night diving!

quarry diver
I had only gone their 3 times last summer and all 3 times had a good experiance their. it was a nice place to dive nice location and good people. the platforms are nice and the vis was usually good didnt like how you had to pay for a map of the place though should just give those out or have a large one posted near the entrance to the water. the stuff sunk in their is cool to

I actually dive there just about every weekend, and Wed night diving starts up in June. We usually get in a nice hour long dive and head down to McCleary's Pub for a bit of off gasing over your preferred beverage.

If you like some of the underwater attractions there will be a new one set during the Memorial Day weekend. We are keeping this one shallow at 25 - 30ft and if you have been up there lately you may have noticed the stripped Ford F-150. It will be set in the bowl area off the road.

Have fun, it looks to be a great weekend.

I dived there maybe 5 days last summer. The staff was friendly, no line for refills, beautiful area, no crowds. Obviously there are pros and cons to the rustic atmosphere, personally I prefer rustic. Viz was not as good as Dutch. I live about halfway between there and Dutch, haven't been there this year yet.

Was there something specific you were looking for?

Donna

Trip report: it was a good day, went up with aquaruim divers yesterday, got a chance to try a DPV. Yes, it's cold and the vis is minimal but there is lots of things to see and a great variety in the bottom structure. As a bonus, it's in a beautiful setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom