Anyone at Lobos tomorrow..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone else is slated to dive at PL 6/14..?

Drew

I've got a reservation if anyone needs it. PM me if you do.

Thats not a good sign...

what's not? I just have a slight head cold and am not in the mood to push it. C'est la vie. I just wanted someone to take reservation if they wanted to dive it....

We dove there yesterday (13th). Overall weather was so so. Lots of surface kelp which made it a bit difficult for those of us kicking it out. Vis inside the cove was maybe 3 feet if that. However, once out of the cove and kicking it a bit - vis opened up to about 40+ feet easy. Lotta surge it seemed but was a great dive.

While I didn't get up close to it, it appeard that there was a dead seal caught up in the kelp bed / surface. I believe a couple other teams mentioned it as well. Just a FYI which is why I posted I guess. We let the ranger know on the way out - not sure if they do anything about that or let mother nature take its course.

Drew,

Just curios; what were the conditions like today?

Cheers

Drew,

Just curios; what were the conditions like today?

Cheers

Conditions were unbelievebly calm. It was even calmer than 2 weeks ago!

viz was a milky 30-40 feet depending on where you were. In Whaler's Cove it was about 10 feet.

We had a fun time, scootered out to the caves at Coal Chute/Pit in Whaler's Cove. It was challenging getting thru the thick kelp forest in our scooters. Then we went out to Beto's Reef, passing by another team of divers I knew. Good thing we can't voice talk underwater or we'd BS and run low on gas. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom