Anybody want to dive some wrecks Oct 5-7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$535 for 3 days of diving and 3 nights in the bunkhouse. It doesn't include tank rentals or fills. It includes breakfast and lunch on the boat each day and a BBQ Saturday night.
Sounds good! Who do we contact?

THANKS...

Hey Phil,
I would love to go , But I'm not that experienced. And I don't think I'll have a buddy.
I would like to get some more dives in.

And 1 more question, Do you have to go on all of the trips or can you go just one or 2 of the days?

-Sam

Hey Sam,

She runs trips for people who are single or who are married but their spouses don't dive. Not having a dive buddy is never a problem on her trips.

On this trip you can go for just one day, or pick and choose. The dive experience is a requirement of the dive op, and it's a good one in this case. These aren't the sort of dives you want to make for your first dives after certification. The boat ride to the site is about 2.5 hours, there could be rough seas, currents on the sites....... you definitely need to be comfortable in the water before diving these sites.

How many dives have you made? How many in the ocean?

Hey Phil,
I would love to go , But I'm not that experienced. And I don't think I'll have a buddy.
I would like to get some more dives in.

And 1 more question, Do you have to go on all of the trips or can you go just one or 2 of the days?

-Sam

Hey Sam,

I got a PM this morning from WW. She says that Olympus will let you hire a DM to go with you on the dives if you're interested. It's $50 per day if you're only diving one day, or $25 per day if you're diving all 3. The DM is like a coach. They know the local wrecks and will keep you from getting hurt.

Going out on the ocean isn't really a problem, I grew up on boats and have delt with rough seas.
I just got certified on Sunday. I've made 2 dives on the Liberty Ship.

I was thinking about going on Saturday and/or Sunday. I think hiring a DM would be a good idea considering. I would really like to go , so I'll think about it and then get back to you.

-Sam

Going out on the ocean isn't really a problem, I grew up on boats and have delt with rough seas.
I just got certified on Sunday. I've made 2 dives on the Liberty Ship.

I was thinking about going on Saturday and/or Sunday. I think hiring a DM would be a good idea considering. I would really like to go , so I'll think about it and then get back to you.

-Sam

Which Liberty Ship? :11: There are a few around.

I made my first ocean dives about 2 years ago in the FLA Keys. They didn't provide a DM and I didn't think to hire one. But having one would have prevented me from making a few stupid mistakes................ :D

There is a lot of cool diving around you. You're going to have a blast exploring those wrecks over the next few years. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: Being a landlocked diver isn't easy! :rofl3:

The Alexander Ramsey. It's about 3 miles off Masonboro Island.

(I'm actually moving to Key west in the spring. I want to try and get the most out of diving hear while I have the chance. I'll still come up here once I move , just not as often.)

If you're local and don't need a hotel, boat only is $120 per day.

I misquoted the boat-only price. It's $130 per day if you want to get fed -- breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks. :D

$120 per day if you being your own food.

To all the locals on the trip-
Give look over at the Mutiny- most of Trailer Trash Scuba will be there- so say hi!
-J

You guys missed a great time!

We dived the U-352 TWICE on Saturday! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom