Anybody tried the Oceanic Delta 4 yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D.R.T. (Dry Regulator Technology)
Ever wonder why they call it a "dust cap" and not a water cap? D.R.T. eliminates the possibility of moisture entering the first stage with a simple, yet ingenious design. No hassle, no worries. What about performance? D.R.T. doesn't impact first stage performance even at 198 feet with just 200 psi in your tank.
Crikey, I hope no one is ever in the position to have to field test this! :eyebrow:

awap:
OK, so it is mechanically balanced like a Kirby Morgan rather than pneumatically balanced like Scubapro & Apeks. What do Scubapro and Apeks know that Kirby Morgan doesn't? Actually, I thought the same thing until I found the Kirby Morgan schematics.

I don't know. Balancing pneumatically just means that it is balanced with the incoming pressure from the tank. The mechanically balanced is controlled by the knob pushing on a pin the changes the lever height. A little more figidy for me. And although it claims to be 'set and forget' I would think that you have to play with it just the same.

Back
Top Bottom