Anybody remember the first Survivor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss:
For the record - the discovery channel is full of scuba-related reality shows.

So is the History Channel, and I watch those, but we're talking about people competing for $$$, love, power, etc. doing scuba stuff.

I saw the Mole and Lost- I thought they were both good. Sorry about the Colby and Amber mixup, but then I'd rather forget the both of them. I don't like their characters. I saw them on the Amazing Race, and I think they are both bad people (but then again, who isn't a bad person on a reality TV show?!). Rob is just plain obnoxious and impudent, and Amber acts like she is innocent but is just as bad as Rob. I am really glad they didn't win the race: it goes to show cheating will never get you to first place.

Seasons of Survivor I liked? I liked Marquesas a lot, All-Stars was interesting, Outback was pretty good. I hated Africa (thought I was always on for Ethan since he's a nice Jewish boy), I HATED Thailand (except Shii-Ann), and the last two were a dud.

*Sigh*, where is it going to be nexT?

The next one is in Guatemala. I'm already kinda pissed about it because they said people are going to live in the Mayan Ruins. They have no business touching those archeological formations. Of course I'll still watch it, I'm a junkie. I also agree that Rob and Amber are terrible. The only thing that Mark Burnett is more obsessed with than reality TV is Boston Rob. I mean c'mon dude, do you want him in bed or what??

Anyways, I've actually only seen the first one, the second one (australia), all-stars, vanuatu, and palau. I'd really like to see africa and thailand (and I absolutely hate shii-ann)

Well, I've sent three audition tapes in, I think it would be fun to do, for the compatition and the adventure; the cash, (if I won it), would just be a very nice bonus. I'm gonna send another tape in, for the one after Guatamala.

It's still one of the more original ideas on television.

(Oh, and you know what happens if you get voted off early? You have to stay at a resort near the site for all 39 days, so no one will know what's going to happen. You all just saw Palau, any doubt as to what you'd be doing for those <39 days?)

I admire your courage to actually send in your tape. I'd never do that, too scared that they would take it and show it to everybody like, "HAHAH!! Look at that idiot!!"

I just re-watched the rat and snake thing yesterday. Hilarious. Sue is a trucker loser. I would never say such hateful things on national television. Someone needs to pee in her eyeball.

I applied for the second one. My audition video made it on the nightly local news and was embarrassing for my parents. You would have to see the video to understand. I was naked except for a bikini bottom I made from leaves and duct tape and when I crawled out of the scene, you could see where the good lord split me. The broadcaster laughed and I took it as a compliment since she was a seasoned vet. I eat up reality T.V. and it is a guilty pleasure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom