Anybody remember the first Survivor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom won...all is right in the world...
ever since the first one, i've been hooked on this show...it's absolutly great, but as someone has already said...how much longer can it go on??
Amazing Race is good, but does anyone remember The Mole (not a bad show, but not really outstanding), or Lost (not to be confused with the show currently on by that name). Lost was cool because the dropped the people off in the middle of nowhere (the Gobi Desert I think) and didn't tell them where they were, took away their cell phones, money, etc and said, first team back to NYC is the winner...thats it...how they got there was completely up to them...now that was a good show!

I hated that show. I mean, if I wanted to watch "reality" shows, I'd just go to the local mall and watch people. Besides, why can't they get normal people to compete? I wonder if they'll ever make a reality show about scuba diving?

njdiver95:
Tom won...all is right in the world...
ever since the first one, i've been hooked on this show...it's absolutly great, but as someone has already said...how much longer can it go on??
Amazing Race is good, but does anyone remember The Mole (not a bad show, but not really outstanding), or Lost (not to be confused with the show currently on by that name). Lost was cool because the dropped the people off in the middle of nowhere (the Gobi Desert I think) and didn't tell them where they were, took away their cell phones, money, etc and said, first team back to NYC is the winner...thats it...how they got there was completely up to them...now that was a good show!

How is dropping someone off in the middle of the Gobi Desert reality? I think these shows should be called virtual reality shows because the scenarios are all created by the networks. I have never worried, "Hey, maybe today I'll get stranded in the Gobi Desert, what am I going to do to get back to NYC?" I find the whole concept rediculous.

Tom won all right which means as usual, the liar comes out on top. He came off as mr honest but then quickly plotted to dump Stephanie after telling her she was safe. Bad bad man :)

I've watched them all.

The first one was awesome maybe, due to the fact it was the first of it's kind. I dunno, was well worth watching, the others till last night were boring at the most. The last however, was good due to the fact of the location and spectacular view (not the females either). Wanna go dive there one day.

i liked Lost becasue unlike the Amazing Race where it pretty much scripted as to where they go and how to get there, lost was random and the routes taken were left up to the teams themselves, but I also agree w/ you firebrand how "real" are any of these "reality" shows...in the end they're all just entertainment.

DMP, your right...Palau looks like a helluva place to dive!

I think I'm the only person in the world who has never watched any reality tv. Never seen even 5 minutes of surviver (any of them).

I had this discussion with my buddy in school and he had a good quote: "the only true reality shows you can watch on television are sports". I agree in a way, but also, why get hooked on the term "reality"? It's just what they originally coined it. No one on the networks ever seems to claim is really is real life. If it was real life they would all sit around watching soap operas in the middle of the day or go to their jobs. For me, it's just an alternative way to keep me entertained at night besides reading and posting on SB.

I watch the first 3 every time they were on but since then I have not watch as much. Then I watch the all-star show and this last one part time. And even enjoyed most of it. I have been thinking about entering. But I might be a little out of shape. And I don't think I am heartless enough to last very long.

Personally, I liked this past "Survivor". I thought Tom played a great game. Ian was too young to know how much 1,000,000 is worth and not worth. I don't think he lost any integrity until he started crying on the beach... for someone he JUST MET a couple of weeks ago. Amazing. Tom won fair and square by stomping the competition.

I also liked the amazing race this year, the couple that won that also won with integrity and hussle.

For the record - the discovery channel is full of scuba-related reality shows.

Back
Top Bottom