Anybody remember the first Survivor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, just sitting around today watching the DVD box set of the first Survivor. Does anyone remember how fanatic people were about this show? The first reality show that I thought was actually good and now so many reality shows suck. I remember Survivor parties and people placing bets in Vegas as to who was going to get voted off. What are y'alls opinions? I loved it, but I know some hated it. I've now seen Survivor 1, Survivor 2 (Australia), Survivor All Stars, Survivor Vanuatu, and the now playing Survivor Palau. Of course, I always start watching them b/c of the locations.

I watched about 15 minutes of the first show, one of the guys was a total jerk, I figured he would be gone the first episode. I found out later he was the winner. Fifteen minutes was about my tolerance for reality shows.

I have watched every single one, but nothing over comes the greatness of the first!

I have watched a few episodes here and there. I do remember the first year. People were all crazy about it.

Juls

Borneo-Outback-Africa-Marquesas-Thailand-Amazon-Pearl Islands-All Stars- Vanuatu-Palau…

Richard-Colby-Ethan-Vecepia-Brian-Jenna-Sandra-Colby-?????- and I think it's going to be Tom.

Is all that right? Yeah, I used to watch it religiously until Vanuatu. I didn't get to see one episode the whole time. Now I half-watch Palau. I think it's had a good run and needs to be over with. All angles have been explored, there really isn't much more you can do with the show to make it more interesting that hasn't already be done. But I can be proven wrong. Any suggestions as to how to the show would be any better?

The first season rocked! The rest have never been equal to it. I am more of a Fear Factor Junkie now. :wink:

Colby has not won a Survivor yet. Tina won the Australian one, and Amber won All-Stars. Colbster is cool, but he's not a winner.

Doesn’t somebody here have a ‘survivor’ avatar? I wondered if they were involved with one and had any great stories.

Yeah I seem to remember a Survivor avatar somewhere around here.

I too am a Survivor junkie. I agree with most everyone else in that none have matched the first.

Now don't ya all forget ~ tonite is the season finale of Palau.

I'm with baltimoron on Tom being the winner. I'm at least rooting for him.
I actually wanted Steph to win. Now she is a true survivor.
I also agree that the show has run it's course.

The other show I really like is "The Amazing Race"

Back
Top Bottom