Anybody know what Redondo looks like today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to head up there tonight for a chance at finding some squid still hanging around, but I heard the surf was picking up significantly. Anybody have a conditions report?
Thanks,
Robb

Swell looks like it's been easing off a little since yesterday, and the a.m. surf report looks fairly benign. But as for vis -- who knows? Did anyone go last night?

My husband and about 4 friends called it last night. There were white caps 100' out from the wind and the dquid boats weren't even out there.

We called our dive last night due to wind. DiveVets crew will be trying again tonight. We'll be meeting between 6:30p-7:00p.

I and Andy McKay were going to Redondo to do the squid run tonight. But at 4:30 we checked conditions including the live beach camera and opted to stay home and read books in our respective abodes. Swell model was 4-6 with for some reason around Redondo being better at 2-4. Camera looked like about 2 feet. Misting rain and marginal conditions, we skipped the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom