Anybody heard of Tommy D Sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone wonders why the north american economy is is such bad shape. Well... when we go out of our way to send all of our money to CHINA and other such countries, there is no money left in our neighbor's pocket! Now anything that I have ever owned from CHINA has been sub-par quality. Sure, you can save a couple of bucks. If money is an issue, as it can be for a lot of us, mabey go on ebay and buy a GOOD, used sherwood, aqualung, scubapro regulator that EVERYONE knows will keep you ALIVE under water. So now, you have had your chinese regulator for a year and it starts to freeflow... can you buy parts for it? The reason that everything is from china is we let them sell us all their crap!

I bought a Tommy D Sport BC and have made 5 dives in it, it works great. Hold your tank and keeps you floating when you need it. It also has allot of pocket space to stick stuff.

My 2-5mm full wetsuits are going strong, going to use them this weekend as matter of fact (2-3 years and counting)

i have got a bcd and a winter wetsuit they are very well made for the money and if you need something they will take good care of you they did me. dennis from calif.

I just bought a 7mil farmer John Suit with hood from Tommy D Sports.
I must say that I am rather disappointed in this purchase at the moment.

The jump suit (legs) fit good. The jacket fits good on the torso but the arms are extremely loose and do not seal around the wrist at all. Basically there is no way this will keep the cold water out and the warm in. Tommy's first response to me was to tell me that abnormally proportioned people (ie small wrist) should use a Velcro strip to tighten the wrist. It is not like I have a small wrist I think it is quite average, thank you. Of the other three suits (different brands), I have never had a problem with getting a snug fit around the wrist.

I feel like I have made a huge mistake in this purchase and their 'all sales final; no refund; exchange only" has me really concerned. It will be fine if they can get me something that fits.. but it not like I requested the wrong size. So this might be a lesson learned about buying cheap over the Internet - particularly if it needs to fit.
Check the return policy.

They have asked me to call them on Monday... So we'll see how it works out and I will post the results.

I promised an Update and here it is: Well, it is official, this was a bad purchase. I should have read Tommy D Sports refund policy before ever buying on-line and I should have known but..
For the record I am 6'1" and a little over weight but I have standard measurements every else - I have 3 different brand wetsuits and all fit well (this would have been my 4th). Tom at Tommy D Sports has washed his hands of the issue.. basically stating that I am just not proportional and that happens. If it happens then you should refund my money, TOM! since you cannot deliver the product!.

Last edited:
they are good for the money, great entry level stuff. they have been good for my kids stuff 20 -30 dives per year. myself a 250 -300 per year diver prefere pinical and henderson stuff. I have bought and will continue to buy from them. I had one problem and they took good care of me.
good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom