Anybody got a Heiser 190?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's funny is that the 140 and 190 were almost exactly the same size - the 190 was just an inch or so longer. If you filled a 190 to the 140's service pressure of 3190 psi it would hold ... 140 cf!

Before someone starts arguing that this must mean they were so same tank, please note that the 190 was about 23 lbs more, so that extra inch was solid steel!

My understanding is that they were made using either the spun tube or pierced billet method of construction, both which result in a considerably heavier tank than the deep drawing method used for most steel scuba tanks.

1_T_Submariner:
Anyone know where to get 4400 PSI fills? I usually only get 3000-3400. The 190 would only be a 146 @ 3400. I think I'll stick with my HP120.

As we say on this side of the big blue,

Heiser=cheap=haevy=rusty=stay away.

They're junktanks.and we see alot of them :D

Older=2years+ tanks made by heiser rusted like frence cars :huh:They were far to much negative,but they were VERY cheap.Today i rather sell some Faber tanks.
My weightbelts sell much better:rofl3:

just my 2cts:coffee:

O btw I hate them :14:

Spratman:
Wow....a 190?! Must be like strapping a propane tank on your back....

More like an anchor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom