Anybody going to Ocean Fest, 4/18-20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoobahdood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to Ocean Fest this year. Anybody esle going? I am looking for a dive buddy for shore diving on Sunday and maybe boat diving on Sat. I have a room right across from the beach for two nights if anybody is interested in sharing. The Bahia Cabana Days Inn, it's not the best but it is the cheapest I could find so close to the event. Stayed there several years ago, not bad. The room would be free for anybody that has a boat. :D I want to do the treasure hunt dives for both days. Yes, I'm a :dork2:!!!

Hey Narcosis, can I borrow your boat for this weekend? J/K

I'm going to be there on the 18th flying out the morning of the 19th.
My wife and I are spending the week in Ft Lauderdale and plan for diving earlier in the week.
We'll be just up the beach at the Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort.

Ok, You have my attention. What is this Oceanfest you speak of my fellow FLAQein diver.

I had to hit ya with a wet noodle...I mean...a wet bribe!! :rofl3:

Check Out: Ocean Festival Dive and Adventure Sports Expo It is in Ft Lauderdale, April 18th - 20th. There is a marina right next to the hotel, Bahia Cabana Days Inn. If you don't want to bring your boat over, at least go over and go diving. :14:

How many you got going so far?

I could probably swing down Friday evening and stay until Saturday night. I'll know more as the date gets closer.

I'm considering flying in from Curacao, but Bonaire sounds kinda interesting and cheaper as well.

Actually I just spoke to Mike over at down130 and it seems they will be at oceanfest. Soooooooooo I just found a reason to go pick up me own wetsuit and save on the shipping plus make the wife happy with the shopping list.

Don

We have never been to Oceanfest before as a vendor. Can you tell me how it compares to the Beneath the Sea show? What is approximate traffic?

Thanks

We have never been to Oceanfest before as a vendor. Can you tell me how it compares to the Beneath the Sea show? What is approximate traffic?

Thanks

This is probably a question for someone else who has been there as a vendor. I personally am going as a spectator or consumer. I have been a few times before and it seems to draw a large crowd of people. I don't know how it compares to Beneath the Sea but from what I have heard, BTS is very huge. This is probably a smaller venue. IDK for sure.

Sorry, I couldn't help! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom