Anybody going to Mermet this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard:
Yea, I did my rescue in Rolla in August. Used a 2 mil shorty. The only time I ever hit the thermocline the entire weekend was when I was helping a classmate find the weight pouch he dropped. I did find out exactly how shocking a thermocline can be in a shorty!

James
Yeah, I'll probably bring my 3mil to Rolla in Sep for my class. That will really mess up my bouyancy though. I'll configured for my 7 mil FJ. Only use 3 pounds with it.

Brian

I'm doing my Stress and Rescue at the end of the month along with getting my Master Diver card. Next month it's Nitrox. I'll probably be at Mermet this next weekend and Haigh Quarry the 21 and 22.

stingray1:
I'm doing my Stress and Rescue at the end of the month along with getting my Master Diver card. Next month it's Nitrox. I'll probably be at Mermet this next weekend and Haigh Quarry the 21 and 22.
I'm definately going to Mermet next weekend. Anyone else? I will reserve a pavillion under my name.

Brian

brianwl:
I do my training through Scuba Shop USA. Sadly, the diving part of the class is at Rolla. I'd rather pull someone out of the plane at Mermet, that would be fun.

Hi Everyone,

As a matter of fact... my wife and I did our AOW cert. dives at Memet this weekend. During the wreck dive we happened upon a diver wedged in the cessna. His buddy was shoving him from behind and he broke free right as we swam closer. :whack:

Steve

scubaabucs:
Hi Everyone,

As a matter of fact... my wife and I did our AOW cert. dives at Memet this weekend. During the wreck dive we happened upon a diver wedged in the cessna. His buddy was shoving him from behind and he broke free right as we swam closer. :whack:

Steve
Wow, scary. Anyone tell Glen about it so he can ensure it doesn't happen again?

brianwl:
Wow, scary. Anyone tell Glen about it so he can ensure it doesn't happen again?

No but that would have been the smart thing to do. My thought was "he'll never do that again." Naive.

Mermet was a learning experience (our first time.) We went to 85 ft on the deep dive for the cert. I dove without gloves as I thought "how bad can it be without them..." Yikes, 42 deg F water is cold - next time wear gloves. :)

Steve

P.S. I now can appreciate the "Muck Diver" forum title. :wink:

scubaabucs:
No but that would have been the smart thing to do. My thought was "he'll never do that again." Naive.

Mermet was a learning experience (our first time.) We went to 85 ft on the deep dive for the cert. I dove without gloves as I thought "how bad can it be without them..." Yikes, 42 deg F water is cold - next time wear gloves. :)

Steve

P.S. I now can appreciate the "Muck Diver" forum title. :wink:
Two important things about Mermet. 1. Below 40 ft, it's cooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddddd. :rofl: 2. It's safe unless some moron tries to do something stupid like our Cessna Pilot. Hope they are ok. 3. You should have been on the Bowling Green clean up dive. Now that was Muck Diving to the extreme. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom