Anybody going to Mermet this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard:
Hmm, I was under the impression it was the same class...maybe not. Where are you doing rescue Brian?
I do my training through Scuba Shop USA. Sadly, the diving part of the class is at Rolla. I'd rather pull someone out of the plane at Mermet, that would be fun.

Water is water to me...I dont care if it is Rolla, Mermet or a deep mud puddle in my driveway.

brianwl:
I do my training through Scuba Shop USA. Sadly, the diving part of the class is at Rolla. I'd rather pull someone out of the plane at Mermet, that would be fun.
Ahh. Ok...You don't really get underwater much at all during rescue. Rolla is a good place to do it.

James

diverbob:
a deep mud puddle in my driveway.
Bob, for you? I think they call those Sink Holes. :eyebrow: I'm the one that could fit in a deep puddle.

brianwl:
Bob, for you? I think they call those Sink Holes. :eyebrow: I'm the one that could fit in a deep puddle.

I heard you might fit, but you would have to do it "size ways."

James Goddard:
You don't really get underwater much at all during rescue.
James
That's the other reason I've been dragging my feet. I'd rather have some fun diving. Leave it up to me and I'll do it in a dry suit in the middle of winter. hehe

I've seen too many rescue classes already...I want to do mine in my 3 mil, if that. I will fun dive this winter. I already have a dive buddy for it...should be a good time. I heard Mermet is really clear in the winter time.

I'm looking forward to Mermet in the winter too.

Yea, I did my rescue in Rolla in August. Used a 2 mil shorty. The only time I ever hit the thermocline the entire weekend was when I was helping a classmate find the weight pouch he dropped. I did find out exactly how shocking a thermocline can be in a shorty!

James

Hopefully I will be doing mine in August as well...sounds like Chris had a rough Friday, so I didnt hound him about it this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom