Anybody Dove Lake Gertrude Lake County?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BusterDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm doing a course this weekend and our first dive is going to be Lake Gertrude, I haven't ever heard of anyone diving it before. Anybody have any info on it? By the way if not I'll report on it after the dive (it's a freebie).

Never mind, the water was too cold, so my instructor moved our first dive to Alexander Springs (by the way it was crowded with a bunch of OW students). But I asked my DI about Gertrude and was informed that he has a sunkin 17" boat in the middle of it we were going to raise, instead we got to lift wieght belts off the bottom of Blue Grotto booring.

Dang, I was looking forward to hearing how it went. I dove a lake here in NE FL to spot out bass fishing spots and it actually paid off. It's neat to see where bass hang out and what is actually below the surface of some of those lakes. I also saw a few turtles and a river otter, nothing special but it at least beats spring diving.

Nothing beats spring diving.:14:

Concerning Lake Gertrude. I have lived in Lake County for many years, and I do know that I have heard the name before, I even want to say that I have driven by Lake Gertrude in the past. But to save my life I can't pinpoint the location. Where exactly is it?

I also live and work in Lake County, I am not familar with this lake either.

sylvester:
I also live and work in Lake County, I am not familar with this lake either.

Apparently, it's near Lake Dora, and surrounded by Private Property.

It's in Mt Dora, I've never seen it before, but after talking to my DI again about it I found out it's not really deep (about 30ft at one murky spot). I think he likes doing training there because it's fairly close, it's free, and he personally sank a boat there for lifting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom