Anybody done any diving in Palau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firegoddess

Reaction score
I've read so much about the diving in Palau, and how fabulous it's s'posed to be. Any body been there to confirm it?

:06:

Sounds like someone has been watching Survivor: Palau.....LOL

I was rated one of the top ten dive sites in the world by Scuba Diving Magazine in May 2005.

ScubaTexan:
Sounds like someone has been watching Survivor: Palau.....LOL

Sorry. I don't watch TV. I've just read several articles about it.

Firegoddess:
I've read so much about the diving in Palau, and how fabulous it's s'posed to be. Any body been there to confirm it?

Never been, but would love to go. Wife and I were talking about that during Survivor show tonight (good sociological, and other, presentation).

I would love to dive the WW II wrecks there.

Anyone have a trip that I could do the stow-away thing on? :D

sealskin98:
Never been, but would love to go. Wife and I were talking about that during Survivor show tonight (good sociological, and other, presentation).

I would love to dive the WW II wrecks there.

Anyone have a trip that I could do the stow-away thing on? :D

The March 2005 edition of Sport Diver that I took from Lukie has a really good article about it with some nice pictures. I'd love to go dive the wrecks, too.

I have never dove there....but will someday! What I do know about it is that there are some pretty famous dive sites like the "Blue Corner". and "Jelly Fish lake" (might just be for snorkeling). The Course Director that works at our shop used to live there. There are some good wrecks but if it is WW2 wrecks you are looking for then Truk Lagoon is the place to go.

Firegoddess:

Palau has some really nice dives but the best of the dives have a lot of current.
there is a lot of interesting marine life. If I go back it would probably be on a live aboard, its a long trip from hotels to dive sights

That's what I have heard, up to an hour in most cases.

Hey if you go there who is going to carry all your gear for you? I guess I will ahve to work on my felixbilty so I can fit into a duffle bag again. Its the only way I could afford that trip
Firegoddess:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom