Anybody done any diving in Palau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did go to Palau and it was the Best Dive I have ever seen. Blue Hole is beyond the most Beautiful places on Earth! I have seen sights all over the world, But nothing prepaires You for that sight!
The diver desends down a hole in the coral bout 50' in diamater. The coral is about 15' underwater and the bottom of the hole is at 90' which opens into a cavern hundereds of feet all around. The very bottom is 240' with crystal clear water. Warm water to about 85 degrees at depth. The diver will then go under the "Lip" of the hole to the rock wall of the Island where anything could be seen. Manta rays, sharks, ect...ect...
Someone posted a message on the 'bords with pictures of just this. Check it out! B-

Did Palau winter of 2002 and loved it. We found the diving around Peleilu (sp?) to be the best all around. Blue corner and Blue hole were pretty cool too. IMO a liveaboard is the best way to go. Depending on how avid you are it goes something like this:

Wake up, Light breakfast, dive 1, surface interval & snack, dive 2, surface interval & lunch, dive three, surface interval & nap, dive 4, surface interval & dinner, dive 5, relax, snack & sleep till breakfast, repeat as necessary.

I'm more of a wreck guy though so i liked the Chuuk (Truk) liveaboard much better than Palau. But that is kinda like trying to compare Ben & Jerrys and Haagen-Daz. You might have one flavor or brand you like best but they are all varying degrees of good!

I'm studying marine biology, so the marine life is exactly what I want to see! :D

Cap335:
Palau has some really nice dives but the best of the dives have a lot of current.
there is a lot of interesting marine life. If I go back it would probably be on a live aboard, its a long trip from hotels to dive sights

Lukiedukie:
Hey if you go there who is going to carry all your gear for you? I guess I will ahve to work on my felixbilty so I can fit into a duffle bag again. Its the only way I could afford that trip

Once I'm a marine biologist, you can be my manual labor, sweetheart...

TCDiver1:
Did Palau winter of 2002 and loved it. We found the diving around Peleilu (sp?) to be the best all around. Blue corner and Blue hole were pretty cool too. IMO a liveaboard is the best way to go. Depending on how avid you are it goes something like this:

Wake up, Light breakfast, dive 1, surface interval & snack, dive 2, surface interval & lunch, dive three, surface interval & nap, dive 4, surface interval & dinner, dive 5, relax, snack & sleep till breakfast, repeat as necessary.

I'm more of a wreck guy though so i liked the Chuuk (Truk) liveaboard much better than Palau. But that is kinda like trying to compare Ben & Jerrys and Haagen-Daz. You might have one flavor or brand you like best but they are all varying degrees of good!

Well, I guess I'll have to find a way to get there eventually. Sounds great to me! And yes, Luke, you can come, too...

Back
Top Bottom