Anybody diving this weekend? (Dallas Area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin and I should be rolling into CSSP around 11:45-noon on Sunday. We'll set up on the west side in the middle pavillions somewhere. I just hope we can find a vacant spot! Come one, come all!

Timeliner:
On the subject of Dive wear...
Khacken has one of them Wild Wolf on his legs Dry Suits.... ZzzKing maybe you should maybe reconsider the animal " Motif' "

Em ain't wulvs. Em r bars. And here I thought youws a country boy an all. Turns out yur probly really some city slicker from Gay Pairee. Real name a Franswaaa.

For those that don't speak Texican, did three dives on 1 1/2 tanks today. Water is in the low to mid 50's. Vis varied from 0'-10'.

Dive 1 (31 min) - Headed across the pond to check out the newly sunken platform and set a marker buoy. (water bottle and string for those of you that are less technically oriented) Mission accomplished! Spotted lost weight pocket on the way over. Turns out it belongs to one of the students in the next pavillion over. We vow to bring it back on the next dive.

Dive 2 (30 min) - We drop into the silo at 55' head back to the shallows but take a wrong turn and miss the weight pocket platform.

Dive 3 (9 min) - We surface swim and drop on the platform that I think is the right one. Sure enough, there is the pocket loaded with 16 lbs. HFS!!! This guy was diving w/ 32 lbs??? We go into salvage mode. All we have is an SMB. We rig it up and then each grab on and carefully swim it up. Mission accomplished!

3 dives
1 1/2 tanks
2 successful tasks performed
0 casualties (Unless you count KHackens soaked undergarments. Dry suit my *ss)
Fun was had by all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom