Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee, what areas are the best for walking the beach to collect shells and stuff that has washed up in the Charleston area and what is the best time of year to go?

Thanks Lee. I have been to that spot on Kiawah and had good luck, but it was in March and it was cold and rainy the whole week so there wasn't much competition. We found a ton of Welks and a few nice Olive shells. I have surf fished Jeremy Inlet in the summer and caught some nice fish, but the weather was nice and lots of people so there were no nice shells to be found.

I wonder what one might find if you dove in the water in Jeremy Inlet during low tide. Any thoughts on a spot like that at or near the mouth? We have taken boogie boards and it is fun for the kids to ride the current out when there is just a few inches of water. There is a 90 degree bend at that spot about 50 yards or so back from the ocean.

I will be in Venice 3/20-3/26 need one more diver to book on Aistakat have 2 now.He has a trip on 26th but I want to go early due to conditions.Would also like any ideas on walk in dives in Venice.607-847-9362 or cell @607-316-9179.From Heading to Crystall River area 3/27-4/2 any one intersted in a dive give me a call.I dive solo 99% of time......

I went diving this week, 3 tanks and all i found was a 2.4 inch mako, 1.5 inch great white, a few whale vertebraes, earbones and misc bones. no megs. i don't mean to sound un-grateful but i am used to finding more teeth.

the interesting thing though was i got into an absolute bone bed (thought about you lee) and there were lots of broken up bone but never found the tooth that was wreaking the havoc upon that poor creature. the bones were mostly 2X4 inches however some larger, some smaller along with the vertebrae and earbones. i kept thinking with all of this carnage there has to be a monster tooth right here. bone, bone and more bone but no meg. maybe next week

Motored down the Edisto River yesterday morning. Made some new friends. Shared some stories. Enjoyed the beautiful backwoods. The guys found a good many fossils and some petrified wood at a virgin site just south of Long Creek landing.

Many more photos and text to follow later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom