Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did three dives today, two were in new spots that didn't have anything so I went to a spot that I knew where I found teeth regularly. Here are the two whole teeth that I found. I also found a lot of bone and some broke Megs. The water was rough today! When I started the first two dives the vis was at an amazing 6 ft. But no teeth to be found. By the time I finally changed rivers and got to the bottom, the visibility was still OK, then immediately changed to thickly mudded water for the next 1.5 hours. I worked for these these teeth through a six inch thick covering of sea squirts (thats what they call them here). .

Attachments

• DSC01893.JPG
    DSC01893.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01894.JPG
    DSC01894.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC01896.JPG
    DSC01896.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 50
:cool2::cool2:

I love to explore, and I like meeting new friends. Let me know if you come Savannah's way and we can get on some good teeth and etc.

I still have my house in Rincon so maybe I need to combine a trip and do diving too. I'll holler at you when I get ready to come for a visit.

I would love to have a Meg... They just aren't in the lake here in TX. :(

I would love to have a Meg... They just aren't in the lake here in TX. :(

The first Meg I saw was about 15 years ago. The guy was a collector and said he had always wanted a giant sharks tooth. He said he had finally broken down and bought one. He said he paid $300 for it and asked me if I wanted to see it. Well I said yes and he went to the back of the home to get it. I had no idea what I was getting ready to see but I knew he had paid what to me was a LOT of money for something called a giant sharks tooth. He brought it out and showed it to me with a HUGE smile on his face as if he was showing me something from another planet. I could tell how proud he was of it so I MADE A REALLY, REALLY, BIG DEAL OUT OF IT.

Now secretly I was thinking this guy must be out of his mind. He had paid good money, which in my world is hard as hell to come by, for this clunky old sharks tooth. I did not tell him but I thought he had been taken. BIG TIME.

Well things have change a lot since then and I have been known to purchase sharks teeth. Seems it is a personal thing.

Back
Top Bottom