any Whites drysuit owners? pro or con

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Whites Catalyst. After about 10 dives the inflator valve leaked. I put some aqua seal on it and reseated it and I haven't had any more problems.

I have liked the suit very much.

Chad

Whites Nexus package is ~$720.
Bare's Nex-Gen apckage is ~$770.
We can afford Nex-Gen if it's worth it.
[...Jon... thanks for pointing this difference out, twice... guess I'm a bit slow]
Thanks for all the help... now can somebody loan me $1500?

My vote is that it's most definitely worth it.

And hey, no problem, I'm not the most lucid guy when it comes to explaining things :wink:

I would consider either suit but what is import cost and shipping from Canada gonna run me to Southern Califonia? I curently have a Bare Supra 7mm Prene suit that still has a lot of dives in it but I am looking at upgrading.

Thanks
TS

I know a bunch of people who bought the nexus package. It's a good package at a good price and everyone I know loves it (for the price).
I've also heard great things about the nex-gen.

I myself have a large vertical/horizontal ratio (tall and very little body fat), so I went for a White's Aqua Pro and got it custom cut (also got it in QuadFlex, and with Vulcanized boots). I like it a lot, however they took a long time to get it to me (5 weeks and the factory is only a 1.5hr ferry ride away). Stock sizes can be ordered in by shops much quicker though.

How much is the cost difference between rack and custom?

Yerba Mate:
I myself have a large vertical/horizontal ratio (tall and very little body fat), so I went for a White's Aqua Pro and got it custom cut (also got it in QuadFlex, and with Vulcanized boots).

I'm not too sure. I didn't look at the stock sizes cus they didn't fit me, but I think it was something like $150 - $200 CDN extra.

It's not quite as cut and dry as that though. The nexus is available only as a stock size (only Bi-lam, soft-socks etc. as well), and the Aqua Pro is available as both.
You could get a Aqua Pro in Bi-Lam, Stock size, soft-socks, etc. (essentially identical to a nexus) and I think it would be just a bit more expensive than the nexus just because it's the Aqua Pro.

If you're looking for a basic suit in a stock size, nexus all the way. If you want any features like custom size, QuadFlex, Vulc. Boots, matrix pockets, front entry, etc. you have to go for an Aqua Pro or a Catalyst or one of their customizable suits.

IMO, it's worth it to go for the Aqua Pro just to have the QuadFlex option. I can totally tell the difference between the two materials...The QuadFlex is Way more durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom