Any UW Photo Course Recommendations or Warnings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crosing

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to do a week long intensive UW Photo course next year. Possibly aboard a live aboard like the Cayman Agressor or maybe with Cathy Church at the Sunset House on Grand Cayman.

Anyone have good experiences, recommendations or warnings they would care to share?

Regards,
Christopher

Sounds like a great way to spend a holiday!!

My number one item would be: make sure your diving skills are spot on and up-to-date before taking the course or you won't get the full value from the course. The better your diving skills, the better your photography.

have fun!

crosing:
I want to do a week long intensive UW Photo course next year. Possibly aboard a live aboard like the Cayman Agressor or maybe with Cathy Church at the Sunset House on Grand Cayman.

Anyone have good experiences, recommendations or warnings they would care to share?

Regards,
Christopher

Has a land based U/W course, I think it is in the Bahamas... be warned it is expensive but you would be learning from professionals not just a DM thats pretty good with a camera.

You could always come to Yap like Cdiver2 and learn from me.... (although i am not sure he is doing a photo course..he is coming to Yap!)

Mike Veitch:
You could always come to Yap like Cdiver2 and learn from me.... (although i am not sure he is doing a photo course..he is coming to Yap!)

Yes I will be there Oct 29th at Traders Ridge and diving with them, then on Nov 5th its on to Palau. I had not thought about doing a photo course but it may be possible as all dives are am and I would be free in the afternoons. Want to PM me and give me some details

Going to Palau is something I will do but not this year. Thanks for thinking of me!

Anyone care to share their experiences taking an UW Photo course? Good or Bad any info is appreciated!

Aggressor does various Photo Workshops throughout the year. I did one with Mauricio Handler (bottom of the page) in 2002 and am doing it again this year. It was VERY helpful for me. I was shooting a Nikonos V in '02 and am digital now. Turks & Caicos is the best Caribbean diving that I have done to date to boot!

Rod Klein does Workshops too. I did one of his on the Kona Aggressor in 2003 and it was helpful too!

It is nice doing it on a liveaboard because of the number of dives / day offered and not many distractions.

HTH,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom