Any tricks y'all wanna share?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the knife trick! I was thinking of mounting a retractor on my BC chest level and putting something like a large fish hook on the end . Then whenI find something cool I can pull out the retractor and place the hook under a rock lip ect and add some air to my BC. Im thinking this would "anchor" me well and geep me off the bottom. ANybody do something like this?

Wildcard:
Thanks, blush blush...Let me ask another question then. How about tips on how to hold still with out tearing up the reefs while getting the cool shots?

I wear this on my left wrist while I am diving.

most exelant idea from a most exelant fish picture taker....

Wildcard:
I like the knife trick! I was thinking of mounting a retractor on my BC chest level and putting something like a large fish hook on the end . Then whenI find something cool I can pull out the retractor and place the hook under a rock lip ect and add some air to my BC. Im thinking this would "anchor" me well and geep me off the bottom. ANybody do something like this?

My BCD already comes with retractors...

On our recent CCV trip, I noticed most of the DM's were using short aluminum rods about 12-14" long. They used them not only to stabilize themselves but for pointers when they found stuff.

ScubaTexan:
My BCD already comes with retractors...
And your point?

Gilligan:
I wear this on my left wrist while I am diving.

Oh, the old tent stake trick. Good idea.

Honest officer, my exwife always tent pegs herself to the bottom! A tool with many uses...

Wildcard:
Honest officer, my exwife always tent pegs herself to the bottom! A tool with many uses...

74.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom