Any tips for making a wetsuit easier to put on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find that a skin suit (rash guard) works really, really well without polluting the ocean or drying out your skin. It also protects you against the harsh sun and jellyfish stings.

I learned to put the suit on from the inside-out position when I first completed openwater. That is the way to go, especially if you are overweight and need to get more of the suit up to your middle/core area. I even store mine inside out after it's rinsed.

I used to bring a cooler of hot fresh water with me (in my car) to beach dives (especially winter) I would put a little bio degradable no tears shampoo in it and make a warm soapy mix and dump it in my wetsuit and swish it around..then dump the excess back in the cooler for proper disposal...made getting in both easy and pleasurable.

If you are looking for a wetsuit that you can get on and off with ease the you have to check out wetwear. The easy on wetsuit is the only suit that is easy to get in to with expansion zippers in the arms and legs and a slanted rear zipper. the easy on wetsuit is the only suit that a diver can get in to in under a minute. Check them out at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071K9PZ6K or for a custom fit wetsuit go to http://www.wetwear.com

Get a dry suit?

More seriously, if it's warm and you are shore diving, putting the suit on in the water is dead easy. Put the legs underwater and push your feet through *quickly*. Hydraulic pressure will make a water bearing and your foot will slip right through. Repeat for the arms. Not very workable in February in the Northeast or on a dive boat, of course.

But, thats the main entertainment on the surface/land....the wetsuit dance.

Diluted dish soap(not detergent) or the plastic bag trick.

Degree of difficulty is also related to their thickness. A thicker wetsuit will be a bit more work. I have gotten rid of all my old stiff wetsuits and dive only high stretch wetsuits. (7 mm hyperstretch, 5mm bare, 3mm hernderson Thermamaxx). My size is an LS. Correct size helps. I am short with short arms and legs. An L gives me extra arms and legs that do not help. If I need a bit more warm with any of three I have a Henderson high stretch hooded vest. Note that your hood size is not necessarily the same as your suit size. I wear an XL hooded vest because I have a larger head and neck.

I find that a skin suit (rash guard) works really, really well without polluting the ocean or drying out your skin. It also protects you against the harsh sun and jellyfish stings.

For the win...

the plastic bag trick works great but dont loose iy in the water ,enough pollution already

This only works for women................first take off your bathing suit..........................
Later,
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom