Any Strategies for Good Viz Sites This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
There is a brown ring around the island. But..the good news is you can see Molakai from my street and the ocean is flat. So...how would you approach choosing an Oahu site, considering the run-off? I was thinking maybe heading towards Mongoose Nose (towards Makapu'u from hawaii Kai) Is there less run-off because of the currents and lava formations over there?

Tide peaks at 3 am and starts going out till around noon, so that is going to be working against us. What are the wrecks like viz-wise compared to the Maunaloa Bay?

Spend the weekend on Maui. While the west end seems to be a bust the south end is very good. We've been here 10 days and Ulua's vis this afternoon was the best of the trip. Go figure, we about get washed out to sea from all the rains and the vis improves.

I am always amazed at the effects of a good incoming tide.

Or certain spots where currents converge whips it out too. It is very interesting to go high and look at the patterns of demarcation.

Wish I could take off to Maui...won't be long, Al, till I am zipping over there , along the lee of Molakai all the way to Lahaina on a flat day.

Are you taking your boat over here?

Maybe I need to extend my stay????

Well...we took it to Molakai and spent the night. Accompanied the Lanikai team back across in the big canoe race. What a kick.

But Jb is gone and so my wings are clipped until I get a bit better.

I have a few that are diving this weekend IF we can find some viz.

I told ya, let me know when and we can run it anywhere you want.... PS, north shore vis was decent today.

seriously?

where did you dive?

One tank at Firehouse and two at sharks. Not great but well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom