Any special procedures for quick disconnect on Air-Integrated computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
My dive shop gave me a computer that was an upgrade from what I ordered, including the quick disconnect, which I had decided against because it seemed like one more thing to worry about. So, do you need to do anything? I assume it's not a good idea to immerse it for cleaning, but maybe not? There was nothing in the manual beyond the procedure to attach and detach. Thanks!

You don't say what the computer is. On the Cobalt there is no special care required regarding rinsing or immersion, and you could even dive it with the QD disconnected. The HP sensor is ceramic. I suspect most other computers are similar.
Any QD fitting will have an O-ring that will require periodic servicing or replacement. I'd say you probably got a bonus.

Ron

Chances are the QD is just an adapter and you could remove both halves and connect the hose directly to the computer.

Having a QD is great because one can disconnect the computer so to store it separately from the reg. Also if you down load dives that means you do not need to drag the complete reg inside just the computer.

As for maintenance. Just like any piece of gear rinse well and dry well. If there are hose protectors pull them back so to let any metal bits dry well. Most QD will be service free for years but require a special tool to disassemble.

If you decide to remove the QD. You will need to use a spool between the computer and HP hose.

Thanks all, I guess I figured it would be a problem to let salt water get in the opening, but it is really tiny. The computer is an Aqualung i550T.
Walt

One watch out with the QD is that you have to watch that it doesn't come loose when it's not pressurized. If you clip the computer off it's NP, but I almost lost my ProPlus when my gear was being brought to the boat in the Philippines (DM free dove down and found it). Once it's pressurized it's not going anywhere.

I like the qd because you can store your computer in something so it doesn't get turned on by accident during transport and when the crew is keeping up with your gear you don't have to leave it with your gear to be crushed when their moving alot of gear at one time. But t o answer your question I don't do anything special we have 6 no trouble from that.

Thanks, that's a good point about losing it unpressurised. I keep it in my reg bag, but if I was hooking the other stuff up I'd have to keep an eye out.

Glad to hear they have been reliable, as well.

Back
Top Bottom