Any skier's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Woke up in the Poconos this morning to snow. (Then the wind knocked down a branch that took out the phone, cable & electric.) Had my first thoughts about skiing, how bout the rest of you? Anyone else hanging up the dive gear & dusting off the ski gear?

Skies.. no.
Snow mobiles.. YES!!!
Snow tubes.. YES!! (As long as I do not hit and move the snow machine again this year)
I am jelous!! I saw they are having snow up there.. I have been trying to come up with a reason to drive to lakeville this weekend.

starts in a couple weeks! Can't wait to get to get back on top of the (frozen water)

Atomic are the best race skis!

Wristshot

Anything where I get to go fast or go deep works for me :wink:

Maybe we can all get together for a ski weekend this winter.

Tahoe will be looking real good after a big expected storm this weekend!
Can't wait!!

I gave up skiing a couple of years ago. I am a knuckle dragger now...:terminat:

hambleto once bubbled...
Skies.. no.
Snow mobiles.. YES!!!

My boyfriend and I went up to Lake Placid last New Years and tried snow mobiling - yea, yea, I know all about the environmental impact, yada yada yada but damn it was FUN!!!! We loved it!!!

We actually tried snowshoeing too - that was kind of cool and we were able to get to places to get some pretty awesome photos!

Havent skiied in years - never really liked it - I'm willing to try snowboarding and tubing sounds like something you could do with a flask of brandy! :D

Colorado skiing from Christmas to New Year's.... can't wait!

Lorie

mhl354 once bubbled...
Snowboarder here!!!!! Going up to Hunter this Saturday They are supposed to be trying to open!!

Sorry - should have said skier & boarders! Have fun at Hunter =
Snowmaking capital of the world - their ad, not mine. My ex & I used to try to go up every Thanksgiving, let me know how it goes, it's not a bad day trip from NJ.

Drewpy, where are you goin in Tahoe? Spent a week of my honeymoon out there - Squaw & Heavenly, great skiing, had a 10 foot dump couple days before we got there. Love it.

ScottyK can't promise you steep & deep, but I do have a house up in the PA mt's, couple bedrooms, big sleep loft, fireplace, 8 person hot tub on the deck. Elk Mt. is pretty good for PA skiing. Could be open to a SB weekend. PM if you're interested & we can discuss.

Lorie - what a great way to spend the holidays! Have fun.

Adding to my weekend to do list - drop off ski gear at shop....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom