Any Scubaboarders in Cozumel July 19-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My family is headed to Cozumel next Saturday, July 19th. We'll be staying at the Cozumel Palace and diving with Dive with Martin July 20-22. Then we head over to PDC and dive the Cenotes and Holbox with Yucatek Divers July 23-25.

Any Scubaboarders going to be there? It would be fun to meet up.

Doug

I wish I had checked this forum two weeks ago. I was on Coz July 19-26 and dived Aerolito with German on the 25th. Would have been nice to have hooked up with you for a cave dive early in the week. Maybe next time.

Now that the smoke has cleared and the dust has settled from our arrival back to the U.S., I thought I'd drop a couple of quick lines of follow-up about our experiences in Cozumel.

Before I begin, be sure to check out Debersole's review/blog at the link above. I think we share similar sentiments about out experiences.

We too stayed at Cozumel Palace and used "Dive with Martin". Originally, we planned for 3 days of reef diving and one day on the mainland diving the cenotes, but we were having such a wonderful time with the guys at Dive with Martin, we decided to just add a fourth day instead! What a great crew. I would highly recommend them to anyone. On ALL four mornings, we were the FIRST divers on the reef. We never saw another diver while were were down. However, when we surfaced, the reef would be littered with dive boats. I don't know how they timed it so perfectly, but they did a great job helping us avoid the crowds! They picked us up at the resort dock at 7:30, but were were always the first ones. They use smaller and faster (relatively) diesel powered boats. We are pretty self-sufficient, but they insisted on putting our gear together for us and brought it to us when it was time to roll off the back of the boat. Afterward, we would shed our BC and they would lift it into the boat before we climbed aboard. Our divemaster for two days, David, has over 7,000 dives under his belt and does some interesting tricks during the safety stop. He also shot video of our dives, free with the package, and they were ready the same dive we dove! Needless to say, the water and the reefs were amazing; you all know that already so no need to delve into it.

We were extremely pleased with Cozumel Palace as well. After reading mixed reviews on Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, etc., we were very pleased to find it much nicer than we expected! In fact, I think a lot of those "reviewers" are a bunch of prima donna cry babies. They are likely the same type of people we embarrassed to sit next to at dinner or breakfast because they are soooo rude to the staff. Very sad to see. But I digress...

Their service was amazing and they worked very had to please everyone, especially the entertainment and food/beverage staff. The resort was modern, very clean and well maintained, had free calls to the U.S., wireless internet, and a perpetual conveyor belt of food and drinks that tirelessly soothed our souls for 8 solid days! :D What a great way to spend time between diving!

Well, that's about all I have to say. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Lindley

Lindley -- obviously, I share your sentiments regarding both the Cozumel Palace and Dive with Martin. We can't wait to go back and use both of them again!

Steve2281 -- Bummer. Sorry I missed you. We actually saw German taking a large group over to the cenotes when we were on the ferry from Cozumel to PDC on Wednesday. Were you with that group?

Doug

Steve2281 -- Bummer. Sorry I missed you. We actually saw German taking a large group over to the cenotes when we were on the ferry from Cozumel to PDC on Wednesday. Were you with that group?

Doug

No, we dived Aerolito on Cozumel. It was just German and me; there was plenty room for one more; wish we could have hooked up.

Back
Top Bottom