Any San Diego Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am teaching most weekends, but check out my profile, if you see me at the Shores or on Dive Connections boat stop and say Hi! It would be nice to meet locals from the Board.
:)

I'm a PADI Divemaster, but hadn't been diving for about 3 years until last month. It was really nice to get out and I'd like to hook up with some folks who know the area. I went on a boat dive to the wrecks (RubyE and Yukon) which was ok, but not very fulfilling. I'd much rather dive a kelp forest than a wreck. I'm a pretty experienced diver, but a tad rusty. I'd like to explore some of the more obscure and advanced spots around San Diego. Maybe take some u/w photos or just get re-acquainted with diving. Sold my drysuit, but have the rest... Let me know if you are interested in hooking up for a dive. I also love (almost prefer) free diving, but don't hunt anymore.
Cheers.

For San Diego Divers a valuable resource is John Moore's website at www.divebums.com. The site contains links to the San Diego Scuba Clubs, dive shops, dive boats and other San Diego resources. The site also containg dive reports whiched are logged to site and our frequently sent out over the associated email list. The email list is for non-commercial posts so its noise level is quite low.

Its a great site to hear when the squid are running in La Jolla Canyon or when the local vis jumps up to 40 feet+ or
discover that a number of the dive boats have been able to put divers into the tuna pens just south of the Coronado Islands recently.

I am an active diver/instructor in San Diego and an active member of both the San Diego Underwater Explorers (www.sdue.org) and the UCSD Seadeucers (www.seadeucers.org) dive clubs. SDUE runs weekly DIR skills dives on Thursday night at La Jolla Shores and the Seadeucers run a number of dives each week on Scripps Canyon for qualified divers. Scripps is my favorite SD dive location.

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

Back
Top Bottom