any rock climber here ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to climb a bit. FD rescue/recovery team. Sold off all the stuff a number of years ago, as I could never get someone to go.

MIne's the opposite, i cant get a dive buddy around here. Either they are a bunchc of rich ppl that only wanna dive in the bahamas or they dont have a cocmplete scuba gear !! :(

i need to dive more next season though

diverrick:
I used to climb a bit. FD rescue/recovery team. Sold off all the stuff a number of years ago, as I could never get someone to go.

I climbed when I was younger and lived in California. Lots of places to climb out there, not so many here in Florida. I had trouble finding people to climb with me as well so I just put a message up at the local post office that said all you need to bring is yourself, I have all the gear we'll need. I got several calls and one good climbing buddy out of it.

Scott

I used to climb really seriously years ago. Had an motoring accident that put me out of commission for a while. Since then I keep living in flat places, but I sure plan to get back into it next time we live somewhere that has hills.

J.

I had all the gear, but my goal wasn't really climbing- I was very active in rappelling for a number of years. We would climb stuff (often having to set up belaying lines), but simply as a means to an end. Never could see the fun in just climbing. I found it to be alot more fun to bound down a cliff face or dangle like a spider off an overhang.

I did some ice wall climbing once, locally. That was fun- but it's expensive and and usually not too easily accessable.

I've got a buddy who's a pilot for RJ Coreman's private jet here in Lexington that LOVES to rock climb and has taught me a little about it.

On the average the cost of any decent complete sport equipment/gear today is somewhere around $1500 - $2000. A decent mountain biking, kayak, dive equipment, clcimbing rack ....etc.

SOme of you guys are lucky to have a climbing gym around !!!!!

The post office posting idea is awesome !! i might need to do that soon !!

I strated out doing top roping, and now will venture to trad climbing and maybe a little sports climbing next season.

If you guys like rappelling then u have to look into canyoneering and caving !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom