Any reputable Dive instruction in the San Juan, Puerto Rico area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the board, but not to the sport. I was certified as a JR Diver when i was about 16, i'm 27 now and have been out of the sport for about 10 years.

Anyhow, I recently moved to PR and figured I had to capitalize on some of the best diving opportunities out there. I've been looking for instruction but haven't found anything reputable, and searching the internet has yielded nothing.

But i figure if anyone can help, it's you guys! :D

Hi Superman....

I'm originally from PR. I got my OW cert at "La Casa del Buzo". It is in Rio Piedras (right in the San Juan area). It has been around 10 years since I've been there so it may have changed, but it was a pretty good shop back then, they are a PADI shop. Here is their info:

La Casa del Buzo - Bienvenidos a La Casa del Buzo
Avenida Jesús T. Piñero 293,
Rio Piedras, P.R. 00927
Phone: 787-758-2710

I remember some friends of mine got their cert at ScubaCentro, also in the Rio Piedras area, they were at the time an SSI shop. But I don't have their info. Both were very reputable shops back when I got my cert.

If you are looking for some nice dive day trips check out Taino Divers in Rincon (West of the island) and Paradise Scuba, in Lajas (La Parguera) (South of the island) both are great!

Safe diving!
-Willy

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

It is a big place with a lot of very confusing sections. If you scroll down the main forum page, you will find a section called Regional Travel. Within that section, you will find a forum called Greater Caribbean and Bermuda. If you post your question there, you will get good advice from people who do not usually read this forum and will not see your question.

Greater Caribbean and Bermuda - ScubaBoard

I will ask to have your question moved there.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Caribbean Bermuda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom