Any reports on morrison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Did anyone dive Morrison Springs this weekend? I will be going down either this coming up weekend or the next and was courious of the conditions. Last time I was down there (about a month ago) it was very murky on the surface but people said It cleared up after 10 feet or so..

Water levels are around 4.5', it shouldn't have much, if any, tannic water on the surface. Depending on spring flow and traffic, visibility could be 30-100'+.

We'll probably be diving it next Sunday(18th).

jviehe went Sunday and reported 20' visibility in the basin after the classes rumbled through, but clear and blue in the lesser treaded areas. Caverns gonna be clear anyway.

Personally, I can't wait for Sunday :D

Gulf-Gulper and I went today. You could see the far side of the log above the basin from the platform. The water was brown on Friday when we checked it and today it was blue. If the weather holds it will be crystal clear for you and you should be able to see all the way across the basin. I'll be posting a movie probably tomorrow - keep an eye out in the Florida Conch forum.

I plan on being at Vortex Friday around lunch. PM for cell number if you can make it.

OBTW, How far is Auburn from Vortex. Driving normal posted speed limits. Suggested route would be helpful also.
Thanks
Howard

I cannot make it friday we are only going down for sat.

I am not sure about route and distance from auburn because i am coming from phenix city. it takes me 2:40 or so. Your best route will probably take I-85 to montgomery and then taking country roads from there.

North on SR81
SR81 becomes SR87
East on Hw84 into Dothan
North on Hw241
West on Hw280 into Opelika
Hw280 becomes SR51
Right on 6th Street
Left on SR14 into Auburn

As for Morrison, we're gonna dive it at late dusk and into the night Saturday. Gonna dive Cypress Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom