Any reports from Vandenberg or similar Key West spots today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We were hoping to get our boat out to the Vandenberg or one of the other wrecks this week but have heard there's a ripping current lately. Has anyone been out there in the last couple of days?

I went the past weekend. On Sat the current was crazy. Myself and one of my buddies and maybe one other person on the boat that made it down to the wreck. It was probably one of the strongest currents I've ever experienced. Our boat brought us to a reef for the second dive because more than half the boat was not comfortable diving it (we were suppose to do a double dip). Dove it again on Sunday for a double dip and current was still ripping but more manageable than sat so it's hopeful that it may be slowing down a bit at least. We had amazing vis tho and our second dive on sunday we got to do a drift dive on it which was really nice.

We went out yesterday and tied up for a bit, but the current was still too fast for us, though viz looked incredible. There was one small boat doing a drift dive, and two large operations tied up there, at least one of which put divers in the water. We went in to Toppino's (red marker 32) for a couple of tanks instead, which is a nice spot and new to us. Viz was pretty decent in the early afternoon, around 30 ft. which was a appreciated, as visibility here off Sugarloaf Key has ranged from kind of bunk to downright awful for the last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom