Any recommendations for Cancun Dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last trip, I dove with five or six people from SB. Most I didn't know till I got down there are dove with them. Four on the cenote trip and six on our boat outings. I correspond pretty regularly with JillGadget and Tom, Philly, Andy (both from the UK) and ChrisMO and Julie. Chris and I were at the same resort.

Hopefully, you will meet up with some folks from here. Of course, the after hours are the best...:D I usually have Ben and Allen over to the villa for brews the first night. Then you will REALLY see stuff in the water the next day! :pinkdolphin: (Sorry, I couldn't find an elephant)

A few Cervezas in the evening is generally part of the drill. My wife usually knows that once I get into a dive shop and start talking with the divemasters, I'm gone for a while...

I'll probably end up taking a couple of T-shirts from the shop I work for in the summers down with me for the Mexican divemasters, too, if I get in before I go and see what they have in stock. The next five weeks can't go by fast enough...

My last trip, I dove with five or six people from SB. Most I didn't know till I got down there are dove with them. Four on the cenote trip and six on our boat outings. I correspond pretty regularly with JillGadget and Tom, Philly, Andy (both from the UK) and ChrisMO and Julie. Chris and I were at the same resort.

Hopefully, you will meet up with some folks from here. Of course, the after hours are the best...:D I usually have Ben and Allen over to the villa for brews the first night. Then you will REALLY see stuff in the water the next day! :pinkdolphin: (Sorry, I couldn't find an elephant)

My ears were ringing last night!!! We went down right after the H.Dean Great stories from Philly on that one. Fyshebait don't worry about meeting friends down there, especially if you are on Scubaboard. You will recognize names from here. Spratman we met the 1st day... Funny putting names with faces. The more the merrier.
oh, and I was so so excited about our MAD t-shirt I forgot my LDS shirt at the pool! Hey, Jack! let me know the next time you plan on going down! might be a while Uncle Sam took some unexpected $$ from Tom:crying: You would think they would lower the taxable rate for our military guys!! ... Guess I gotta work some OT! The things we do for more dive time!

I'll bet they were. First time I met Jill, I thought, Holy Crap! They are going to let her dive! :D

Just kidding....Jill did very well during our brisk Chac Mool dives. Since we live close, we split the cost of the DVD of the dive. Good thing too....It was a video mode shot on a standard DLR, so it was kinda grainy.

Man, that sucks! Given the pay rate of the military, you'd think we would have gotten some tax breaks...You should qualify for a tax rebate in June though, right?

We might be going down the first week of July, just my son and I. My wife doesn't want to fly...so we'll be diving like the fishes!! Let me know how that Roatan trip goes.

I'll bet they were. First time I met Jill, I thought, Holy Crap! They are going to let her dive! :D

Just kidding....Jill did very well during our brisk Chac Mool dives. Since we live close, we split the cost of the DVD of the dive. Good thing too....It was a video mode shot on a standard DLR, so it was kinda grainy.

Man, that sucks! Given the pay rate of the military, you'd think we would have gotten some tax breaks...You should qualify for a tax rebate in June though, right?

We might be going down the first week of July, just my son and I. My wife doesn't want to fly...so we'll be diving like the fishes!! Let me know how that Roatan trip goes.

Wait til you see me next time...You'll need sunglasses! I just bought a psychodellic Scubadorag ( S c u b a D o R a g s™ ) You'll not be able to miss me!! Bought Tom a scubaband for the arm so I can tell who and where he is underwater. Pretty neat. But ya know me.. loud and now bright!:jb:

Does Ben do trips to Isla Mujeres? (I'll ask him the question directly by e-mail too...just wondering if anyone else has done these.) We've seen some info on Isla Mujeres and my travel companions were thinking of making a day trip to check it out. There are six of us, and if Ben does day trips it might be a fun excursion...we could do a couple of dives, maybe the non-divers could snorkel, and maybe spend some time on shore as well. Or is Ben strictly go dive/go back?

34 days til Cancun and counting...

If you want to go to IM for the day and shop around, etc., take the public ferry over. It's made quite a change in the last two years. Now you have the dolphin discovery, and they really hose you down for that. I think that you have to pay for that even if you just wanted to snorkel in Garafon.

You may consider a trip up to Isla Contoy if you are looking for some nature stuff. It is a preserve and supposed to be pretty cool. Ben usually does the whale shark trips up that way....Man, I wish I were going...

Wait til you see me next time...You'll need sunglasses! I just bought a psychodellic Scubadorag ( S c u b a D o R a g s™ ) You'll not be able to miss me!! Bought Tom a scubaband for the arm so I can tell who and where he is underwater. Pretty neat. But ya know me.. loud and now bright!:jb:

Loud and bright??!! YOU?! :11: I would never have guessed....

You two going to be at BTS this year? We're expecting an awesome show.

Back
Top Bottom