Any PT-EP05L Units turned up yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!

Congrats to your new toy (I've got my setup similar to yours) also at approx. the same time. As for the flashes:

Thanks, I've been leaning towards staying with Olympus (maybe just my loyalty to them!)

But these look good (from my v.limited knowledge)! A little pricey mind!!!

While you're right in many other decisions to stay with Olympus (i.e. flashes for above water) I'd not suggest the UFL-2 for u/w. It is a very good flash and the RC mode is also very well working. I've tried it. But it's in my opinion a bit too expensive and not as powerful as for example a Sea&Sea YS110a. And what I further like on my S&S is the triangular order of the flash tubes which gives in my opinion a very nice and even distribution of light.

So I'd prefer any other flash (like Inon or Sea&Sea) to the UFL-2 in this special case.

Best regards!
Zelko

I use a D2000 with an epl2. It works great.
I've owned this D2000 for a few years. If I was buying today, I'd do with the S2000 for the small size or the Z240 for the extra power. Even though I really like my D2000, I'd skip it for one of the other 2.
The STTL worked well with the epl2 in manual and the flash on fill. The exposure was very accurate. Maybe a tad low, but easy to compensate with the control dial on the D2000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom