Any Practices For Indicating Divers Have Penetrated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I think I will change my status sign to "This Old Wreck"
I can take it, love to see ya'll pushing 50.
Check back with me in 20 years, punks

I hear stem cell injections are right around the corner..

They've made great advances in male cosmetic surgery. What do you think about those Spartan-like pec implants ?

I was trying to figure out if that was make-up or a body suit.

We are in Wreck Diving forum. Seriously, I plan to solve this little issue about these crowded wrecks.

catherine96821:
Seriously, I plan to solve this little issue about these crowded wrecks.

Sorry Catherine...

You and your mean friend Jeff..:wink:

catherine96821:
You and your mean friend Jeff..:wink:
Don't lump me in with her.

Well, if they can't tell by our line outside and deco bottles hanging between the ties then I don't know if a sign will make it through to them.

As for somebody taking our deco bottles, I haven't heard of that here, but my surface support should ensure that doesn't happen. If it does and they get back to their boat before they are seen, I have already planned my contigency for deco on BG, so we should be fine until they bring our bottles back down to us. The question will be whether they make it back to the surface though after we clip out deco bottles back on. :eyebrow:

Actually, I was discussing this very thing not too long ago with somebody...and I suspect that some newly certified Open Water Diver (not derogatory) may think that someone left those bottles by mistake....and thinks he is doing a service by bringing them back to his boat.

I can definately see this happening on the Sea Tiger, and I think I will bring a slate with some wise words on it from now on.

A couple of divers I know had little plastic tags made up that are attached to the end of the lines on their reels.

The tag reads something like "Do not Disturb. Divers inside Wreck" . Its in English on one side and French on the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom