Any photographers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to consider myself a bit of a photographer. I have (had) a Sea and sea Motermarine II ex. Great camera that I took many pics with. HAd it for about 5 years before I flooded it in Bonaire. I have not bought a new still yet as before I had flooded my still I had bought an digital video that I have been using ever since.

Also when I saw a few of your pics I relized I had a long way to go on my stills. I will buy another still camera but have been looking into the digital route. Your one pic of the Katie is one of the best pics (in my opinion) I have seen of our Ontario area.

Anyways ever looked into the digital still area??

Yes, I've considered digital, and it has many attractive points, but it's just not where it needs to be to make it worth my while at the moment, particularly for Ontario diving.

It could happen soon, but in my humble opinion I don't think anyone has made a camera that surpasses a Nikonos V with 15mm lens (for Ontario diving) yet.

Marvintpa once bubbled...
Yes, I've considered digital, and it has many attractive points, but it's just not where it needs to be to make it worth my while at the moment, particularly for Ontario diving.

It could happen soon, but in my humble opinion I don't think anyone has made a camera that surpasses a Nikonos V with 15mm lens (for Ontario diving) yet.

I guess it's a shame they stopped making them. Do you have a few incase of flood?

You can still get a Nikonos repaired. Nikon Canada does an exceptional job.
And yes, I have a couple.

I would love to pick one up on e-bay or something like that someday but the is always something else to spend money on and my video camera still works pretty good. What is a good price for a Nikonos camera now-a-days?

A used Nik can be had for around $500 CN$ on eBay. Good lenses can be double or tripple that.

A good lense? A Nikon lense? Do the Nikonos camera's support other lenses? I think I have heard that See and Sea make lenses that work for the Nikonous camera but I can't remember if that is true or not.

Back
Top Bottom