Any other shore dives next to blue heron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking for another site so I can get two dives in. My understanding is you can only do one dive at BHB

The dive at the Blue Heron Bridge can last around 2 hours depending on your air consumption. To do any other dives on the same day they will have to be ocean dives as anything inside the intercoastal waterway requires a slack tide to dive and there is usually no visibility at low tide. The book I have linked has several shore dives with instructions on how to access them. https://www.amazon.com/Reef-Smart-G...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It's a much smaller venue than BHB, but directly under the bridge support you'll hit 20ft deep next to the fenders. There is a very shallow east side of the fenders, but the best diving is the west side of the fenders like I showed in the pictures above. West side has the steep drop-off from the shore due to the high currents cutting the ICW bottom under the bridge. As said above, BHB is better, but the OP was asking for an alternative and Cato is a unique dive that's also Free.

I only had a couple of topside picts. Here is a friends youtube and she show's it much better. Kelly and Jackie are both Jupiter speara divers and great spearfishing hunter's. You'll enjoy the video...

So where do you park and where do you enter the water? I am tempted to try this, just for a change.

I bought this book from Force-E a couple of years ago. It’s a pretty low tech publication but it contains a ton of information. You might call Force-E and see if they still have it available. Maybe they can ship you a copy.

Attaching a couple of photos so you can get an idea of the contents. I obviously can’t copy the whole thing because it’s copyrighted.

56EED9EF-2B70-494F-A1F6-C65EEE0CC51D.jpeg
A998D796-3286-4FB0-86BC-4C5E005596E4.jpeg
A6E2FF55-93A3-421C-85BC-89E20E02BF95.jpeg

So where do you park and where do you enter the water? I am tempted to try this, just for a change.

Parking is along the end of the bridge (on one side). It has like 10 spaces or so (judging from google maps) and no more. The path from the parking leads to the beach below.

I guess, if all the parking spaces are taken, you are out of luck. There are explicit signs warning from parking on the grass. You might have to come extra early and bring beach chairs.

Did anyone try to dive Palm Beach inlet? I mean, not the inlet itself but the bay just north of it, where the big tank is? I've tried snorkeling there once and it was pretty good. The water was amazingly clear that day, there were schools of Snook and Tarpon.
P6250677-Edit-32.jpg
P6250705-Edit-169.jpg
P6250707 (2)-32.jpg
P6250709-32.jpg
P6250705-Edit-169.jpg

Parking is along the end of the bridge (on one side). It has like 10 spaces or so (judging from google maps) and no more. The path from the parking leads to the beach below.
Which side? East, west etc. There is a parking lot at the NE corner but google maps won't tell me if it is public or private.

Did anyone try diving under Pompano or Deerfield piers?

LBTS pier is fun to be around, specifically that fishing is no longer done at its very end.

-----------------------------------

Deerfield pier has a cam under its pier:

Other than the live stream, they have videos for each past month with highlights, showing sharks, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom